Queue up the DVR, because we are in the middle of award show season, babies! As someone who loves the satisfaction of checking experiences of a list scrawled in the back of their planner, I kind of, totally live for award season. Every winter, society simply GIVES us a dozen movies we should probably see so that we can have a relevant and exciting conversation about Leonardo DiCaprio in the checkout line at lunch.
But the real reason I love award season is, DUH/OF COURSE, the fashion. So much money, thought, work, and planning goes into the outfits of the stars that I feel we really owe it to the “teams” of the stars (if not the stars themselves) to pay attention. But doesn’t that whole best dressed/worst dressed scenario feel a little played out? I mean, fashion police feels a little tired, am I right? Not gonna lie, my super snarky alter-ego comes alive when assessing this category so in effort to be kind and carry on, I’ve come up with a new idea:
Introducing the BEST DRESSED BRACKET
Ladies and Gentlemen (and let’s be honest, I mostly mean ladies), here are your contenders:
This year, I’m matching up some of the shiniest and most dazzling movie and TV stars to determine who really is the most fabulous of them all. We’re about halfway through the season so I’ve already pulled my favorites from The Golden Globes and The Critics Choice Awards. On Saturday, we have the SAG awards and then the mothership, The Academy Awards, brings our sports-meets-fashion-face-off to a head on February 28th.
A few things to note:
- This is entirely subjective and hinges on my own editorial eye and personal preferences.
- I am still sorting out the rules of this as I go. Let’s just say, if Rachel McAdams doesn’t show up at the SAG awards, I’ll figure out a replacement player. Sports teams have subs, so we can too.
- Feel free to follow along. If you are really a fan, you can pull this bracket image off into a word doc, print the doc, and show your work-mates. They’re really gonna get into it.
I think.I promise.
- Ryan Gosling and Brad Pitt are currently a co-team of their own because apparently they are now too major to walk the Step and Repeat.
- Bonus points if you share, like, or tweet about this program. Sharing is caring.
Happy DVR-ing everyone, don’t start without me. I’ve got the popcorn.
Photos c/o: HarpersBazaar.com and Eonline.com