“On to the Next” is one of my favorite phrases. A few years ago, my little brother and I graduated high school and college the same year, and I convinced my mom to get the Walmart bakery (I know, classy) to write it on our cake for the graduation party. Those blessed artisans at Walmart delivered—”On to the Next” was written in neat cursive; everyone at the party smiled and simultaneously tilted their head in confusion when they passed by our white cake with white icing and red accents. I didn’t care because a) I weirdly like doing things that throw people off and b) I was so ready for life beyond the textbook. This isn’t a plea to millennials to not go to school. Go to school, millennials. You don’t need a year to “pursue your YouTube channel full-time.”
As I shake off 2015, I’m staring down the blank slate that is 2016. I’ve made personal resolutions which include using my camera more, running more miles—the typical stab at being more creative and getting skinnier. (I’m toasting 2016 with a glass full of green juice.) But here’s what’s going on in THIS space, you know, just in case you’ve been wondering:
I’m calling this my to-do list, rather than my resolutions, because everyone knows that resolutions never get completed and to-do lists, well, do, more often at least. Let me break it down for you.
- More #BYOC – Bring Your Own Coffee is coming back! I’ll be highlighting more go-getters, more NYC ballers that I’ve crossed paths with over the past year.
- More Shopping – Sorry guys, kindof forgot this was a style blog, not just a collection of pretty pictures. More posts featuring actual clothes you can buy.
- More Closet Basics – I’m excited to be walking everyone through my closet basics, all the the things you should ABSOLUTELY have in your closet for no-fail, always-chic outfits.
- Find affordable faux leather pants that are decent and look legit. DONE! I found these, they’re here. Go buy them.
- The Big Hihaleyannie Project – this last one is still a bit secret, but it’ll be big and super fun when it happens. Stay. Tuned.
4 out of 5 things left to do. Are you ready to start shopping again? I am! On to the next…
One thought on “On to the Next”
I love this post… Especially the shopping goal. I also need the lists coming about closets.. I am not a youngin but you can help us 40 somethings out just as much!! XO